Whats your fav artist

Monday, January 10, 2011

Crocheting

Crocheting is one of my favorite things to do.I learned about a year or two ago, from Eirene. Eirene is my artist, crocheter, and culinary friend.At first it was difficult to master, because she was right handed, and I was left handed.Then one day it just clicked,and it became one of my favorite hobbies.I also knit, but I am not crazy about it.(thanks to Eirene's mom for teaching knitting to me)

One of the benefits of crocheting is that there is so much to make. You can make stuffed animals, scarfs, bags, clothes,and sooooooo much more. I made tons of scarfs, jewelry, and granny squares with intricate patterns, as well as some other odds and ends.Now I am making a hat for my doll. It is going to be brown and pink.All crocheting takes is yarn and a hook. I have added a video that can teach you some simple stitches in crocheting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqhaQQajt0U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1txJLRPfuE&feature=channel
Good luck and have fun

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to crochet too! You should post photos of your projects.

eirenee said...

Had a hard time on trying to sign into my account, but I wanted to tell you how flattered I am by how much you love to crochet. I am so proud of you and cannot wait to see what you are working on. Please, please post pictures when you are finished. I love you.

Homeschooled Kid said...

my grandma taught me how to crochet and knit :)

Sky said...

How neat!

I use to know how to crochet, I guess i'll have to learn again!

:D

Homeschooled Kid said...

check out my blog