Whats your fav artist

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Done with School

I use a curriculum called Sonlight which has 36 weeks, packed with things to learn. Tomorrow is our last day of Sonlight for the year, although my mother has other things planned to use.We have science kits, books to read, and projects to do which will keep us busy all summer.

6th grade went by very quickly.Out of all the, subjects I liked History the best. I have a good memory so I can remember important dates and times in history. My least favorite subject is math. Ugh! Since I use Sonlight I have to read novels chosen by Sonlight which correlate with what I am learning in history and in other subjects. My favorite book I read would be the "Phantom Tollbooth" .This book reminded me of "Alice and Wonderland"--another good book. I hope that 7th grade is fun too and I do not get to much homework.

9 comments:

Melissa (Melgurl) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angel said...

Congratulations to you and your mom! We hope to be finishing up shortly. One will be graduating to 6th grade and the other 3rd. Maybe you can share more of your books with us since we plan to read in the summer as well.

eirenee said...

A girl after my own heart. I loved history in school. I loved it so much, that like your mother, I lap up GOOD historical fiction. Math was my least favorite subject as well. :-) What historical time period is your favorite? Maybe we can find something written in that time period that is a piece of fiction and read it together this summer.

Melissa (Melgurl) said...

I love Medieval times you should read a book called 'Cathrine called Birdy'

Melissa (Melgurl) said...

Oh, and Eirene, I read the book you gave me. Mary, Bloody, Mary. I am going to read the one about Elizabeth and then the dancing one.

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic Mel! I am sure that 7th grade will be just as fun. Your mom will be sure to keep your quest for knowledge fun!

eirenee said...

I think you will like the dancing one. It's about the Impressionist Artist, Degas. I know how much you like art. I think you will enjoy it. He has a special place in my heart because I was a ballerina when I was a girl your age and those were the subjects of much of paintings. If you like it, I have a beautiful book of all his work that you can look at when you come down.

Bring the Catherine called Birdy with you and I will read it.

Homeschooled Kid said...

Have fun on your 7th grade adventure :-) What was " The Phantom TollBooth" about?

Unknown said...

Great job Melissa. We always enjoy reading your blogs. Michael and I the opposite of you -- love math and dislike history.
Betty & Michael