Whats your fav artist

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Greenwood Cemetery

Today I went to Greenwood Cemetery. Greenwood is a beautiful cemetery where a bunch of famous people and some ordinary people are buried. Luckily we had a great and funny tour guide to show us all the different graves. One person buried there was an artist named Nathanial Currier.I also saw a ton of beautiful statues, but acid rain wears away at them. Our guide said that Monk parakeets live in the cemetery. We did not see the birds, but we did see their nests on the main entrance. At the gift shop we got two books the tell you about all the graves and allow you to go on self guided tours .I had a great time. Thanks Angel for organizing this event.

I put a link at the end so you can learn more.













9 comments:

eirenee said...

Melissa, thank you for an informative explanation of the Greenwood Cemetery. The pictures are beautiful. I wish that you could have seen the Monks (;-) as well. Was there anybody else famous buried there?

Angel said...

I'm really glad you liked the field trip! Those photos are so beautiful. One of the best things about Green-Wood is that you can go back numerous times with or without a guide. They also have re-creations during the summer with people dressed in Civil War uniforms.

Melissa (Melgurl) said...

Plenty, just look at Greenwood Cemetery at Wikipedia.They have a list of names.

Unknown said...

Sorry we didn't make it on this trip. Thank you for telling us about it though.

Homeschooled Kid said...

I love the picture of the entrance Melissa! This trip looks like a lot of fun.
I may need to check out one of the books you purchased, if I can't make Mondays trip there. I'm sorry I missed going with you all though. ~ Marlene

Homeschooled Kid said...

That entrance is so beautiful, but I bet at night it would be scary. Especially in a thunder storm. I like the Gothic look, but in the daytime! ;-]

Spookily yours,
Chloe

Melissa (Melgurl) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa (Melgurl) said...

Your the best vater

MGF said...

Was it scary?